c/Air Rifle Commander
Air Rifle Commander
The Air Rifle Commander will be responsible for assisting with the training and management of the team. Under the direction of the NSI, they will prepare cadets to participate in NJROTC- sponsored and other competitions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the functioning of the team and all shooters.
- Ensure that the range safety rules are observed at all times and that any violations are reported to the SNSI/NSI without delay.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of Cadets eligible to fire and ensure the Training Officer has a copy. To be eligible, a cadet must have a permission slip from the current year on file and have satisfactorily completed a formal safety lesson.
- Maintain accurate records of attendance at practice and the scores of each shooter on every target field.
- Ensure that all supplies, targets, ammunition, etc… are adequate for at least six weeks of shooting. Advise the NSI of equipment needs in ample time to order, allowing for shipping time. A list of all pellet rifle, straps, scopes, etc. not fully serviceable will be provided to the NSI at the start of each semester and this will be updated as changes occur.
- Establish a shooters ladder based upon scores fired during the current school year and post this in the classroom. This ladder will be updated monthly.
- Ensure that the range is kept in good repair, is properly set up for each practice, is cleaned after each practice, and that all spent pellets are removed periodically.
- Make recommendations to the SNSI/NSI for awarding the Rifle Team Ribbon and NRA awards, based on established criteria, through the Chain of Command.
- Coordinate desired competitions with the Training Officer.
Cadet Hill as taken many honors classes throughout her high school years
Cadet Hill has bee on the units air rifle team for 2 years and is in Latin class
Community Service/ Involvement:
Cadet Hill has participated in many community services events such as football games, Gator games, and many parades
Outside of school, Cadet Hill enjoys swimming and reading
Cadet Hill plans on graduating high school and going into either the marine corps or the air force as an air traffic control.