Battalion/Company Commander (CO)
The Commander is responsible to the SNSI for the performance of the Cadet Battalion/Company. The Commander’s duties include, but are not limited to those listed below:
- Set the highest standard of performance, conduct, military bearing, and appearance as an example to all.
- Maintain high morale and enthusiasm within the Unit.
- Develop team spirit and desire to excel in the Unit.
- Avoid joining or forming cliques or special groups that may result in, or have the appearance of, giving favor or special treatment to individuals within these groups.
- Act as the official point of contact between the Cadet Unit and the SNSI/NSI on all matters relating to the functioning of the Battalion.
- Take actions to involve the maximum number of Cadets in NJROTC activities.
- Represent the Unit in the Student Government Association (SGA) and/or other school bodies where appropriate.
- Ensure that all military formations, ceremonies, and routines are planned and carried out in a proper fashion and in a timely manner.
- Promote the personal growth and well-being of each Cadet.
- Advise the SNSI on matters of Unit morale, activity schedule, training, and personnel.
- Conduct frequent inspections to ensure the proper execution of Unit Functions.
- Be aware of and ensure the coordination of all Unit activities to ensure that conflicts and omissions are minimized.
- Carry out such other duties as may be assigned by the SNSI/NSI.