c/Battalion Training Officer
Educational Service Officer (ESO)
The primary duty of the ESO is to develop the annual educational training plan for the unit, and in coordination with the ADMIN, ensure this plan is successfully executed. Under the direction of the XO, specific duties include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Assist students in picking a college to attend that best suits them and their choice of major.
- Assist students with ways and resources to attain every scholarship possible.
- Help students find ways to better their SAT and ACT scores with: places to take them, places to take a practice test, books, or other physical study materials.
- Assist in picking the best or preferred branch of the military for the individual.
- Know the closest recruiter for the student to get in contact with.
- Help students find ways to better their ASVAB scores with: places to take them, places to take a practice test, books, or other physical study materials.
- Be knowledgeable of the resources the school and area have to offer students.
- Be able to teach good note-taking skills
- Be able to teach good study habits