c/Public Affairs Officer
Public Affairs Officer (PAO)
The PAO is responsible for assisting with all public relations/publicity matters affecting the unit. He/she reports to the CO/XO via the OPS officer. Under the direction of the XO, specific activities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure that press releases and/or articles are prepared and submitted to the SNSI via NSI; when approved by the SNSI, ensure all press releases and/or articles are submitted to appropriate news media each time an event of interest is scheduled and/or takes place. Media to be considered will include as a minimum local newspaper and the school newspaper.
- Establish a system that will ensure positive contact by a PAO member with each NJROTC group likely to have newsworthy activities.
- Establish communications with parents through the publication of a periodic newsletter, newspaper, or web page to be published at least once per school quarter and distributed in the MEDIA folder.
- Ensure that comprehensive files or PAO-related material are established and maintained. At a minimum, the following files are to be established.
- NJROTC news releases and list of media to which submitted.
- Copies of all news stories mentioning NJROTC and/or its Cadets.
- NJROTC Newsletters, Newspaper and Web Page entries.
- Photographs of NJROTC activities arranged by subject and properly labeled as to date, event, and persons involved
- Arrange for publicity for NJROTC activities including annual inspection, competitions, field meets, drill meets, Change of Command, fund-raisers, social events, and projects.
- Ensure the maintenance of a Unit history with such detail that a clear picture of the year’s activities is resented.
- Make sure appropriate photographic coverage of all Unit events is obtained.
- Ensure that NJROTC pages in the yearbook properly reflect the activities of the cadets by working with the yearbook staff of the layout.
- Ensure that fund-raising activities sponsored by the unit are given appropriate support and publicity
- Assist the SNSI in maintaining the Unit’s Web Home Page (if applicable). This may be done by an approved Cadet webmaster.
- Maintain a point of contact listing for all local news media.
Cadet Palmer Has maintained a GPA of 3.2 and has taken many honors classes throughout her years at Escambia
Cadet Palmer has been in ASL club for 1 year and has completed both Basic Leadership Training and Leadership Academy camps.
Cadet Palmer participates in many community service events such as Cemetary cleanups, gator games, airshows, football games, and multiple parades
Outside of school, Cadet Palmer enjoys writing, painting, traveling, hanging out with friends, and taking pictures
After high school, Cadet Palmer plans on attending a four-year college and majoring in photography while doing ROTC. After college, Cadet Palmer plans to join the Air Force as a photojournalist and pursue a career in photography after retirement.